Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blog Post #5

EAGLE'S NEST RADIO AND CLASS BLOG
I really enjoyed the trip to ancient Rome! This is definitely a good way to get the kids excited about learning by getting into character and telling a story. I like how they used music as a background. I also like how the music changed a few times throughout the Podcast. When the narrator came back on to say something, the music go softer to show that there was a change about to take place. Great!

THE BENEFITS OF PODCAST IN THE CLASSROOM

I really enjoyed this podcast also. I like how he treated the podcast almost as if it was an actual news cast. He used different media's such as music, pictures, and interviewing. This podcast was very informative, yet interesting at the same time because of the way it was approached by using different types of entertainment.



LANGWITCHES
This website made many references to podcasts. For example, a second grade class was learning about animals and they did a podcast on what they were learning. The author also suggests using podcasts for even children as young as the first grade! This could certainly heighten interest in what they are learning and help the children feel like they have a very important place in the class when they get to help in a podcast. 

1 comment:

  1. Langwitches is one of my favorites. I hope these helped you in creating your podcast. I also hope you will add podcasts to your teaching toolbox!

    ReplyDelete